Using our LIGHTrun product is fast, convenient and very user-friendly. Customer just purchses self-sticking barcodes and marks his samples (tubes or plates) with the barcodes. Thus marked samples are sent for processing to the laboratory. The barcode identifies the sample during processing and result delivery to the customer in the system of GATC Biotech.Using our LIGHTrun product is fast, convenient and very user-friendly. The just customer buys self-sticking barcodes and marks his samples (tubes or plates) with the barcodes. Thus marked samples are sent for processing to the laboratory. The barcode identifies the sample during processing and result delivery to the customer in the system of GATC Biotech.
Guideline for using product LIGHTrun
- Customer registers under his e-mail through which he communicates with the GATC Biotech further on (confirmation of sample delivery to the laboratory, sequencing results delivery customer´s Watch Box etc.). Thus is customer´s myGATC account created.
- Followingly the customer activates in his myGATC purchased barcodes (Batch and BIN on the supplied barcodes).
- Customer prepares is samples according to the specifications below. Please do NOT seal the tube with parafilm.
- Customer sticks the bigger part of barcode on the sample tube and the smaller keeps for his records of used barcodes.
- Zákazník sends samples by courier. Customer can select a courier service of his own choice or use prepaid UPS service. In this case the customer receives for every 25 purchased samples a free UPS sticker for sending samples and orders an individual pick-up courier from the nearest branch of UPS. Second option is to use one of our very popular collection boxes for free, a list of collection boxes including pick-up times can be found in the Contacts link.
- After sample delivery to the laboratory, the customer will receive a notification email.
- After processing the samples customer just clicks on the download results and downloads the results to his computer.
Accepted starting material for LIGHTRUN tube:
- Purified plasmid DNA or purified PCR fragments with primer premixed in tubes
Purified plasmid DNA or purified PCR fragments with primer premixed in tubes
Premix template DNA of 5 µl with either of following concentration:
- Purified plasmid DNA: 80 - 100 ng/µl
- Purified PCR product: 20 – 80 ng/µl
Add 5 µl of primer with following concentration:
- 5 µM (5 pmol/µl)
Please send total sample amount of 10 µl in 1,5 ml tubes
To ensure the best possible quality of sequence data, the total volume of the sample should not be less than 10 µl. We recommend measuring the DNA concentration on an agarose gel. Sequencing reactions cannot be repeated and all reactions will be charged for. Your DNA material cannot be stored.
- The melting temperature (TM ) of the primer should be between 52° and 58°C and the length should be between 17 – 19bp. Ideally, the GC content of an 17mer should be 10 G+C; for an 18mer 8 – 9 G+C and for a 19mer 7 – 9 G+C.
- G or C should be at the 3’ end, but not more than 3 Gs or Cs.
- The primer sequence should be a good mix of all 4 nucleotides with no more than 4 identical bases in a row (AAAA or GGGG)
- ABI 3730xl DNA Analyzer systems (96 capillary instrument)
Data delivery in common file formats in your secure myGATC account
- chromatogram (.ab1, ABI file)
- text file (.seq, SEQ file)
- fasta format (.fas, FAS file)
- online data archive with 12 months data access
- next business day upon sample receipt